Drumstick leaves is rich in iron, calcium and potassium. It is useful to get rid of bones, skin and heart related problems. In this recipe I have used drumstick leaves and small onions. Drumstick leaves has the property of increasing body heat. So people with heat body should take it carefully. I learnt this recipe from my husband’s grandmother.
|Drumstick leaves||– 2 cups (Removed from stem)|
|Small onions||– 10|
|Salt||– ½ tsp.|
|Chilli powder||– ½ tsp.|
|Turmeric powder||– little|
|Oil||– 1 tsp.|
|Mustard seeds||– ½ tsp.|
|Ured dhal||– ½ tsp.|
- Remove drumstick leaves from the stem and wash with water well.
- Peel and cut small onions into fine pieces.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add ured dhal and sauté for half a minute.
- Now add small onions and fry till it becomes transparent.
- Now add drumstick leaves, salt, turmeric and chili powder.
- Mix well and cook in low flame till it cooks well.
- If you want sprinkle little water in between.
- Remove from fire and serve with rice as a curry.
Drumstick Leaves (Murungai Keerai) Soup | Hema's Kitchen
[…] my childhood days, I have seen that drumstick leaves are used in making drumstick leaves curry and drumstick leaves kootu. This recipe is new to me. The soup made by using drumstick leaves is […]