There are different types of filling made to stuff inside the kozhukattai. This one is the traditonal one with jaggery. Some will make with sugar instead of jaggery. If you use sugar, take sugar syrup with little water and add grated coconut to it.
|Grated coconut||– 1 cup|
|Jaggery||– ¾ cup|
|Cardamom powder||– ½ tsp.|
|Rice flour||– 1 tbsp.|
|Ghee||– ½ tsp.|
- Heat a pan and add jaggery and grated coconut.
- Cook till the jaggery melts and mixes well with the coconut.
- Add ghee, rice flour and cardamom powder and cook for 1 more minute.
- The filling will become thicker when it cools. If needed add rice flour to make it thick.
- Transfer to a container.
- Let it cool and then make small balls out of it and keep ready to make kozhukattai.
- If you want to make rich, you can add cashew nuts cut into fine pieces in the poornam.
- For making the flour and choppu see the likns below.