Rice upma is a type of upma we make in our home. This is a recipe of instant rice upma which you can use whenever you are in a hurry. You can make this very fast. For this you have to make the instant mix and keep in an airtight container. Whenever you want you can take 1 cup of it and make in just 10 minutes.
|Raw rice||– 1 kg. or|
|Broken rice||– 1 kg.|
|Gram dhal||– ¼ cup|
|Black pepper||– 1 tsp.|
|Cumin seeds||– 2 tsps.|
|Dry coconut powder||– 1 cup|
- Break rice into rava and keep or use broken rice.
- In a pan dry roast pepper, cumin seeds and gram dhal till raw smell goes.
- Grind the roasted ingredients along with dry coconut powder to a coarse powder when cooled.
- Mix this with the broken rice and keep.
Method for making Rice Upma:
- In a pressure cooker add 2 tsps. of oil and splutter mustard seeds and add ured dhal.
- When it becomes light red, add 1 slit green chilly and red chilly and saute for 1 minute.
- Now add 4 cups of water and boil.
- When it is boiling add 1 tsp. of salt and 1 cup of this instant powder and mix well.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook till one whistle.