It is Navratri festival time now. Nine nights of Navratri are dedicated to Goddesses Durga, Lakshmi, and Saraswati. In Tamil Nadu, the festival of Navarathri is famous for the Kolu doll arrangements. Women arrange Kolu dolls in homes on decorated steps made from wood. Puja is done on all days with any type of sundal. Today I am posting one type of sundal.
|Brown channa||– 1 cup|
|Red chillies||– 2|
|Mustard||– ½ tsp.|
|Ured dhal||– ½ tsp.|
|Curry leaves||– a few|
|Salt||– as needed|
|Oil||– 2 tsp.|
|Red chillies||– 1|
|Dhania||– 2 tsp.|
|Grated coconut||– ½ cup|
- Soak channa for 8 hours in enough water.
- In a pan add 1 tsp. of oil and fry the ingredients given for grinding till raw smell goes and grind to a dry powder and keep.
- Pressure cook channa for 3 whistles.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard.
- When it splutters, add ured dhal, red chillies and curry leaves.
- Fry for a minute and then add cooked channa dhal with little water and add salt.
- Cook for some time mixing in between.
- When the water dries up, add the ground powder and mix well.
- Switch off the flame. Channa sundal is ready to serve.