This is a special rice flour crispy balls made for Krishna Jayanthi. In Tamilnadu, we make this with sweet cheedai and murukku for Lord Krishna and do pooja. Since we celebrate the birth of Krishna we make all these items which children like to have.
|Roasted rice flour||– 1 cup heaped|
|Ured powder||– 1 tsp.|
|White sesame seeds||– 2 tsp (wash very well, free from sand to prevent bursting)|
|Butter||– 1 tbsp.|
|Coconut||– 4 tsp.|
|Salt||– as needed|
|Oil||– for frying cheedai|
- In a bowl take both flours, add butter in room temperature & knead like bread crumbs.
- Add other ingredients & knead to a dough using water carefully.
- Roll into balls gently.
- Dry for 1hour.
- In a pan heat oil well, and fry in small batches.
- Make the oil hot, drop the Cheedais & at once simmer. Go on turning them, till bubbles stop almost completely.
- Cool & store.
- Dry roast ured dhal till light brown, cool, powder & sieve, This flour should be very fine.
- Dry roast rice flour also for some time and keep.
- Coconut can be dried in MW medium for 5 minutes, so that the moisture content is lost.
- if you add coconut directly, frycheedais for a longer time to become crisp.
- Coconut can also be omitted.