Set dosa is a famous Chennai recipe. This dish is served in almost all hotels. In hotels, they give this dosa as a set of three in a plate. I had this first time in Chennai with Vada curry and tastes well. After that I tried it at home and it came out well. Since then it is a regular dish at my home.
|Raw rice||– 1 cup|
|Par boiled rice||– 1 cup|
|Ured dhal||– ½ cup|
|Kesar colour||– 3 pinches|
|Salt||– as needed|
- Soak rice and dhal together in water for 3 hours.
- Grind to a smooth batter.
- Add salt just before taking out from grinder.
- Keep this in a big vessel and allow to ferment for 12 to 15 hours.
- Next day morning add colour to the batter and mix well.
- Pour thicker dosa and cook well on both sides.
- Serve hot with Vada curry.
- This dosa should be made thick.
Vada Curry - A Famous Chennai Dish | Hema's Kitchen
[…] hot with Set Dosa. Set Dosa and vada curry is a very good […]
South Indian Breakfast Recipes | Hema's Kitchen
[…] Set Dosa […]