There are many health benefits in eating sprouts. Sprouts are low in calories and good for those considering weight loss. Sprouts are one of the most concentrated natural sources of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, trace elements, amino-acids and proteins. Sprouts are a great snack – just fill a bowl, add little salt and lemon juice and start munching. You can add it in the sandwich and have.
The method I am using to make sprouts at home is simple. In olden days they used to soak the gram and then tie it in a cloth and allow the water to drip and keep for 12 hours.
|Moong dhal||– ½ kg.|
|Water||– to soak the dhal|
- Wash the gram and soak in enough water. The water should be at least double of the dhal.
- After 8 hours, drain off the water and keep the soaked gram in a hot pack or casserole and close the lid.
- Keep for 12 to 24 hours.
- When you remove the hot pack, you can see the sprouts.
- Keep it in an airtight container and refrigerate and use.
- Healthy sprouts is ready.