This is a steamed salty kozhukattai which tastes well. It has less oil and can be served as an evening snack. Kids will love this recipe. Since it is made of rice flour it is easy to digest.
|Rice flour||– 1 cup|
|Salt||– ½ tsp.|
|Water||– 1 ¼ cup|
|Gingilly oil||– 3 tsp.|
|Green chillies||– 2|
|Grated coconut||– ¼ cup|
|Mustard||– ½ tsp.|
|Ured dhal||– ½ tsp.|
|Channa dhal||– ½ tsp.|
|Curry leaves||– a handful|
|Oil||– 2 tsp.|
|Asafoetida||– a pinch|
- Grind green chillies with asafoetida to paste.
- In a vessel, heat water and add 1 tsp. of oil, salt and ground chillies.
- When it boils, switch off the stove and add rice flour and mix vigorously without forming lumps.
- Close it with a lid and keep for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, transfer it into a plate and let it cool.
- When cooled, make small balls out of it by touching oil in hands.
- Steam these balls in a pressure pan or idly cooker for 10 minutes.
- In a pan heat 2 tsp. of oil and season with mustard, ured and channa dhal.
- Add curry leaves and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Now add the steamed balls and grated coconut and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Tasty Ammini kozhukattai is ready.