In this summer season, I made mor Milagai at home here in Bangalore. It is very simple and easy to make. We can simply fry this and have with curd rice and it is so yummy. You can make this with any type of chillies (Long or Round). But it tastes well with the round ones.
|Short and round chillies /Long green chillies||– 1 kg.|
|Sour Butter Milk||– 1. L.|
|Asafoetida||– 2 tsp.|
|Salt||– ¾ cup|
- Wash and clean the chillies well.
- Slit the long chillies lengthwise a little. Prick with a pin in 3 or 4 places in the small variety.
- Now soak it in the buttermilk mixed with salt and asafoetida.
- Marinate for 2 to 3 days.
- Remove only the chillies from the butter milk and dry it on a thick plastic sheet under the hot sun.
- In the evening soak the chillies in the buttermilk again.
- Dry it again the next day and carry on with this process for 3-4 days.
- The chillies would turn pale and yellow as in the picture, by the time it gets dried well and all curd will be absorbed.
- Store them in air tight containers. You can preserve it for more than a year.
- Fry them in medium hot oil for a while till it turns dark brown and crisp.
- Serve it curd rice.
Mor Milagai Vadai / Sun Dried Curd Chilly Patties | Hema's Kitchen
[…] you want you can also see how to make Mor Milgai recipe in my […]
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.