This is a wonderful dish made from frech beans and paneer and can be served with roti or chapathi. French beans provide less starch and protein compared to any other dried types of beans, but they consist high level of Vitamins A and C. You can also add tofu instead of paneer. I made this at home yesterday and everyone enjoyed it.
|French beans||– ¼ kg. (cut into one inch long pieces)|
|Panner||– 200 g.|
|Ginger-garlic paste||– 2 tsp.|
|Green chillies||– 6 (finely chopped)|
|Tomatoes||– 5 (chopped finely)|
|Cumin seeds||– 1 tsp.|
|Red chilli powder||– ½ tsp.|
|Turmeric powder||– ½ tsp.|
|Dhania powder||– 1 tsp.|
|Garam masala||– 1 tsp.|
|Amchur /dry mango powder||– ¼ tsp.|
|Oil||– 1 tsp.|
|Coriander leaves||– for garnishing|
|Salt||– as needed|
- Heat a pressure cooker and add oil in it.
- When hot add cumin seeds and fry for half a minute.
- Add finely cut green chillies and ginger-garlic paste and saute well.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and mix well.
- Add salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder and cover the cooker and cook for 4 minutes on medium flame.
- Add french beans, dhania powder, amchur powder and garam masala powder.
- Fry for 3 more minutes.
- Add a glass of water and add salt.
- Cover the pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles.
- Open the lid and add cut paneer cubes and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with chapathi or roti