This is a famous Karnataka recipe which we all enjoy to eat in our home. It is very simple to make, looks colourful and tastes very nice. If I make rava idly at home there will be nothing left.
|Rava||– 1 cup|
|Sour curd||– 1 cup|
|Green chillies||– 2 (cut finely)|
|Big onion||– 1 (cut into small pieces)|
|Carrot||– 1 (grated finely)|
|Mustard||– 1 tsp.|
|Ured dhal||– 1 tsp.|
|Gram dhal||– 1 tsp.|
|Broken Cashew nuts||– 1 tbsp.|
- Roast rava in 1 tsp.of oil.
- In a kadai, season with mustard, ured and gram dhal with oil.
- Fry onions and grated carrots for 2 minutes.
- I did not grate the carrots. Instead I cut it into small pieces.
- Now add this to the roasted rava and mix well with salt.
- Add curd and mix well.
- Keep like idlis in idli plates for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.