Today I made tomato kurma at home. Now a days, we get tomatoes in lesser price in Bengaluru. We can do lot of tasty items with tomatoes. Even those who do not like tomatoes like this kurma.
|Fully ripe tomatoes||– 5|
|Turmeric powder||– ¼ tsp.|
|Salt||– as needed|
For grinding I:
|Ginger||– 1 inch piece|
|Garic pieces||– 5|
|Sombu or Aniseed||– 1 tsp.|
|Green Chillies||– 5|
|Coriander leaves||– a handful|
|Dhania powder||– 2 tsp.|
For grinding II:
|Grated coconut||– ½ cup|
|Fried gram||– 3 tsp.|
|Cinnamaon sticks||– 1|
|Curry leaves||– little|
|Oil||– 3 tbsp.|
- Grind the ingredients given for grinding and keep aside.
- Cut the onions and tomatoes into fine pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and season with the seasonings given.
- Add onions and fry till transparent.
- Add the ground masala I and tomatoes and cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Now add 2 ½ cup water and salt and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the ground masala II and boil for 3 minutes and switch off the stove.
- Tasty tomato kurma is ready.
- You can have this with ildy, dosa, idiappam and chapathi.