This is a simple Kerala dish prepared by using potatoes and coconut milk. This dish is an ideal dish to have with aappam, dosa and idlies. Since yesterday was Malayalam new year (Vishu), I prepared this dish.
|Potato||– 4 (boiled, peeled and mashed but into medium pieces)|
|Onion||– 2 (cut lenghthwise)|
|Green Chillies||– 4 (cut lengthwise)|
|Ginger||– 2 tsp. (finely chopped)|
|Thick coconut Milk||– 3 cups|
|Water||– 1 cup|
|Salt||– as needed|
|Coconut oil||– 1 tbsp.|
|Curry leaves||– 1 handful|
- Take half cup of the coconut milk and dilute with half cup of water.
- In a pan put the onions, green chillies, curry leaves, ginger, chopped potatoes and salt and the diluted coconut milk and boil till it is cooked well.
- When it thickens, add the remaining thick coconut milk and simmer for 2 minutes and switch off the stove.
- Pour the coconut oil on top and mix well.
- Authentic Kerala stlyle Ishtu is ready to be served.