Neer mor is a perfect cooling drink for summer which is prepared during Sri Rama Navami. This is a simple drink which can be prepared easily. My mother used to make neer mor in summer and keep at home. She will give it to whoever visits our home in summer. I also prepare this almost every day in summer to beat the heat.
|Curd||– ½ cup|
|Water||– 2 cups|
|Finely chopped ginger||– 1 inch piece|
|Finely chopped green chilli||– 1 small (optional)|
|Chopped curry and coriander leaves||– a handful|
|Salt||– as needed|
- Blend curd and water.
- Add chopped green chilli, ginger, coriander leaves, curry leaves and salt required.
- Mix well and serve chilled.
- You can season it with mustard seeds and asafoetida/ perungayam if you prefer.
- Instead of chopping it finely, you can add crushed ginger and green chilli also.
- You can also add jeera powder.