Mango thokku is favourite among many people. I like mango thokku very much. When I was small, my mother used to make mango thokku at home and I will mix it with rice directly and eat. Since this is a mango season I made mango thokku at home.
|Raw Mango||– 2 medium|
|Turmeric powder||– ½ tsp.|
|Chilli powder||– 2 tbsp.|
|Salt||– 5 tsp. or as needed|
|Asafoetida||– ½ tsp.|
|Fenugreek powder||– ½ tsp.|
|Mustard seeds||– 1 ½ tsp.|
|Gingilly oil||– 4 tbsp.|
- Roast the fenugreek seeds in ½ tsp. of gingelly oil,cool and powder it.
- Peel the skin of the mango and grate finely.
- Heat gingelly oil in a pan and add mustard seeds when it crackles add the grated mango and cook for five minutes by then the mango would have become soft.
- Add turmeric powder,chilli powder and salt and cook till oil separates from it.
- Add asafoetida and fenugreek powder aand mix well and switch off the stove immediately.
- You can store it in a sterile bottle when cooled.