Rava Dosa is a popular South Indian dish that has become a favorite of many. This delicious and crispy dosa is made with semolina, also known as rava, which is combined with rice flour, all-purpose flour, and various spices to create a batter that is thin and runny. Rava Dosa is easy to make and requires no fermentation, making it a perfect breakfast or snack option. Rava dosa can be served with a variety of side dishes such as coconut chutney, tomato chutney, sambar, and other vegetable curries.
When I go to a hotel I always eat rava dosa as it it is my favourite. There are a lot of items we can make with rava. One of the easy and crispy dosa is rava dosa. It can be made plain or topped with onions and chillies. It goes well with coconut chutney.
- Rice flour – 2 cups
- Fine rava – ¾ cup
- All purpose flour / Maida – ¼ cup
- Salt – 2 tsp.
- Finely cut onion – ¼ cup
- Finely cut green chillies – 2
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
- Sour curd – ½ cup
- Mix rice flour, rava, all purpose flour and salt.
- Add curd and water and mix well without forming lumps.
- Mix enough water so that it is thin in consistency.
- Keep aside for 1 hour.
- Now add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a dosa pan and pour dosa from outside to inside.
- Put 1 tsp. of oil.
- Turn around and cook till golden brown.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.