Pudhina rice, also known as mint rice, is a fragrant and flavorful South Indian dish that is made from rice flavored with fresh mint leaves and spices. It is a simple and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for a quick and healthy lunch or dinner. Pudhina rice is not only delicious but also has several health benefits, making it a popular choice for vegetarians and vegans.
Pudhina rice is a healthy dish that has several health benefits. Mint leaves are a good source of antioxidants, which help to protect the body from free radicals and reduce the risk of chronic diseases. Mint also has anti-inflammatory properties and can help to relieve digestive issues such as bloating and indigestion. Rice is a good source of carbohydrates and provides the body with energy. It is also a good source of fiber, which helps to improve digestion and maintain bowel regularity.
Pudhina rice is a delicious and healthy dish that is perfect for those looking for a quick and easy meal. It is packed with flavor and nutrients, making it a great addition to any vegetarian or vegan diet.
Pudhina/ Mint Rice
- Rice – 1 cup
- Mint – 1 bunch
- Big onion – 1
- Green chillies – 5
- Dry coconut powder – ½ cup
- Tamarind – small lemon sized
- Salt – as needed
- Mustard – 1 tsp.
- Urad dhal – 1 tsp.
- Gram dhal – 1 tsp.
- Cashew nuts – 10 Broken
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Cook the rice and separate the grains by using 1 tsp. of oil.
- In a pan fry green chillies and mint leaves in little oil till the leaves shrink.
- When cooled, grind this in a mixer along with coconut, salt and tamarind to a smooth paste.
- Put oil in a pan and season with mustard, urad, gram and cashew nuts.
- Add finely cut onions and fry well in medium flame till raw smell goes.
- Now add the ground paste and fry for 3 more minutes.
- Mix the rice well in this and switch off the stove.
- Mint rice is ready to serve.