Mushroom capsicum curry is a flavorful and healthy dish that is enjoyed by everyone. This popular Indian recipe is often served with rice or roti and features sliced mushrooms and capsicum (bell pepper) cooked with a blend of spices and tomato-based gravy until a thick and rich sauce is formed.
Mushrooms are a great source of protein, fiber, and vitamins, while capsicum contains antioxidants and vitamin C. The combination of these two ingredients makes the curry a nutritious and satisfying meal. The spices used in the dish not only enhance the flavor but also provide several health benefits.
Mushroom Capsicum Curry
- Button mushrooms – 200 g.
- Capsicum – 1
- Onion – 1 finely cut
- Garlic – 3 finely cut
- Tomato – 1 finely cut
- Salt – as needed
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp.
- Garam masala – ½ tsp.
- Oil – 1 tsp.
- Clean the mushrooms and cut into four pieces.
- Cut the capsicum finely.
- Take oil in a pan and heat.
- Add onions, garlic and sauté well till it becomes transparent in a medium flame.
- Add tomato and capsicum and fry well till it becomes mushy.
- Pour ½ cup of water and add mushrooms and the remaining ingredients and cook in high flame.
- Mushroom Capsicum Curry
- Cook till the curry becomes thick.
- You can serve this as a side dish with rice or chapathi.