Today I am posting one of the healthy breakfast which I experimented myself. To my amazement, it came out very well. Jowar is a very good source of proteins and it contains essential nutrients like iron, calcium and phosphorous. It also contains vitamin B. It is also gluten free.
Consuming jowar reduces the bad cholesterol effectively. Jowar is recommended for patients with diabetes due to the nutrients which double up as antioxidants. The presence of iron and copper helps regulate proper blood circulation, which fuels cell growth, hair repair and enhances overall functioning of the body.
- Jowar/ Jolam – 3 cups heaped
- Ured dhal – 1 cup heaped
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – for greasing
- Wash and jowar and dhal and soak them together for 3 hours.
- Put them in a grinder or mixie and grind well.
- When you touch and see the flour it should be nice.
- Put salt and add more water to the required consistency and mix well.
- Keep it in a large vessel with more space above it so that the flour will rise above and close with a lid.
- Let it ferment for about 12 to 15 hours.
- Next day grease the idly plates with oil and steam the idlies for 10 minutes.
- Healthy jowar idly is ready.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.