With leftover idlies we can do a lots of magic. I tasted idly fry when I was studying in Trichy. There was Surya Hotel near Uchi Pillaiyar Temple. Whenever I go that side I used to have Idly Fry. It tastes awesome. I am giving the recipe for this.
Idly fry is a popular South Indian dish that is made from leftover idlis, which are cut into bite-sized pieces and then fried in oil until crispy. It is a quick and easy dish that can be served as a snack or as a breakfast dish.
Idly Fry Version I
- Leftover idlies – 4 Nos.
- Big onion – ½
- Tomato – ½
- Red chillies – 3 or 4
- Dhania – 2 tsp.
- Channa Dal – 2 tsp.
- Coconut – ½ cup
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – to fry
- Coriander leaves – little
- Cut the leftover idlies into four.
- Fry the idlies in hot oil till they become golden in colour and keep aside.
- In another pan, fry the remaining ingredients one by one till they turn red.
- Be careful not to turn them brown.
- When it is cool, grind them with salt to a smooth paste.
- In a pan heat oil and add this paste and fry for 2 minutes in low flame.
- Now add the fried idly pieces and mix well for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve as an evening snack.