With leftover idlies we can do a lots of magic. I tasted idly fry when I was studying in Trichy. There was Surya Hotel near Uchi Pillaiyar Temple. Whenever I go that side I used to have Idly Fry. It tastes awesome. I am giving the recipe for this.
|Leftover idlies||– 4 Nos.|
|Big onion||– ½|
|Red chillies||– 3 or 4|
|Dhania||– 2 tsp.|
|Channa Dal||– 2 tsp.|
|Coconut||– ½ cup|
|Salt||– as needed|
|Oil||– to fry|
|Coriander leaves||– little|
- Cut the leftover idlies into four.
- Fry the idlies in hot oil till they become golden in colour and keep aside.
- In another pan, fry the remaining ingredients one by one till they turn red.
- Be careful not to turn them brown.
- When it is cool, grind them with salt to a smooth paste.
- In a pan heat oil and add this paste and fry for 2 minutes in low flame.
- Now add the fried idly pieces and mix well for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve as an evening snack.