Today, I prepared my favourite garlic chutney. When I was studying in Trichy, every friday they used to give this along with idly in my hostel. It tastes so good. Recently I learnt this from one of my friends and immediately I made it at home. Now it became everyone’s favourite.
Garlic chutney serves as an excellent side dish with idli or dosa or can be used in sandwiches and on a simple toast. Garlic not only makes food hot and spicy, it aids in the healing and even prevention of certain medical conditions. It has more health benefits, such as treating allergies, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, toothaches and warts. It has powerful health boosting effects on our body.
|Grated coconut||– 2 cups|
|Garlic||– 4 to 5 pods|
|Red chillies||– 2 or 3|
|Tamarind||– a little|
|Oil||– 4 tsp.|
|Mustard||– 1 tsp.|
|Salt||– to taste|
- Grate the coconut and keep.
- Peel the garlic pods and keep ready.
- Sauté the garlic in oil till raw smell goes.
- Add red chilly, grated coconut and roast further for a min.
- Grind this sauté with salt and little tamarind pulp in a blender.
- Add little water and once again grind to smooth paste.
- Temper with seasonings and add a tsp of gingely oil and mix well.
- Healthy and spicy garlic chutney ready to taste.
- Serve it with hot idly or dosa.