French beans provide less starch and protein compare to other dried types of beans, but they consist high level of Vitamins A and C. This is a basic Tamilnadu porial made with beans and coconut. Today I made this at home.
|Beans||– ¼ kg.|
|Red chillies||– 2|
|Salt||– as needed|
|Mustard||– ½ tsp.|
|Ured dhal||– 1 tsp.|
|Channa dhal||– 1 tsp.|
|Oil||– 1 tsp.|
|Water||– 1 cup|
|Grated coconut||– ¼ cup (optional)|
- Remove the ends of the beans and cut into fine pieces.
- In a pan, heat oil and splutter mustard, ured and channa dhal.
- When the dhals turn its colour, add broken red chilles and fry for ½ a minute.
- Now add beans, salt and water and boil.
- When the water is dried, add coconut gratings.
- Remove from fire and serve with rice as a side dish.