Basundi is one of the famous Indian desert. Milk is thickend in low flame and sweetened with sugar. Even though it takes considerable time to prepare, everyone in my home love this sweet. Today I made this at home.
|Milk||– 1 litre|
|Sugar||– ½ cup|
|Cardamom powder||– ½ tsp.|
|Cashew nuts||– 1 tbsp.|
- Boil the milk in a thick bottomed pan.
- Reduce the flame and cook by stirring continuously till the milk is reduced to half. It usually takes 1 hour.
- Add the sugar and cook for another 25 to 30 minutes. Stir the mixture occasionally. Remove from the fire.
- Add cardamom powder and chopped nuts.
- Serve hot or cold .
- You can mix saffron in little warm milk and mix in the milk and boil.
- Keep on strring so that it does not stick to the pan.
- You can also add badam and pista at the end.