Aval upma is one of the easiest upma recipe. We can make this in a jiffy and it also tastes nice. My mother used to make this and I learnt this from her.
|Aval||– 2 cups|
|Green chillies||– 2 or 3(Cut into long pieces)|
|Big onion||– 1 (Cut into small pieces)|
|Carrot||– 1 (Cut into fine pieces)|
|Water||– to soak poha|
|Salt||– as needed|
|Turmeric powder||– ½ tsp.|
|Oil||– 2 tsp.|
|Mustard||– 1 tsp.|
|Ured dhal||– 1 tsp.|
|Gram dhal||– 1 tsp.|
|Coriander leaves||– handful|
- In a pan, take oil and season with mustard, ured and gram dhal.
- Now add green chillies and fry for a minute.
- Add onions and fry till it becomes transparent.
- Add carrots and fry for some time.
- In the meantime soak the poha in water for 2 minutes.
- Add the soaked poha without water and add salt, turmeric powder and dhania leaves and mix well.
- Keep closed in a low flame till it gets cooked.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot.