Aval, also known as flattened rice or poha, is a versatile ingredient that is commonly used in many South Indian dishes. Aval Upma is a simple and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for breakfast or as an evening snack.
Aval Upma is made with flattened rice, vegetables, and a few basic spices. It is a low-calorie dish that is packed with nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins, and fibers, making it a healthy addition to any diet. The dish is also vegan-friendly and gluten-free, making it an excellent option for people with dietary restrictions.
Aval Upma is a delicious and nutritious dish that can be served as a breakfast or evening snack. It is easy to make and requires just a few basic ingredients. You can also customize the dish by adding your favorite vegetables and spices.
Aval Upma is a great way to include flattened rice in your diet. It is a healthy and tasty dish that is perfect for people who are looking for a low-calorie meal. So, if you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast option that is both delicious and nutritious, give Aval Upma a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Aval (Poha) Upma
- Aval– 2 cups
- Green chillies– 2 or 3 Cut into long pieces
- Big onion– 1 Cut into small pieces
- Carrot– 1 Cut into fine pieces
- Water– to soak pohaSalt– as needed
- Turmeric powder– ½ tsp.Lemon– 1
- Oil– 2 tsp.
- Mustard– 1 tsp.
- Ured dhal– 1 tsp.
- Gram dhal– 1 tsp.
- Coriander leaves– handful
- In a pan, take oil and season with mustard, ured and gram dhal.
- Now add green chillies and fry for a minute.
- Add onions and fry till it becomes transparent.
- Add carrots and fry for some time.
- In the meantime soak the poha in water for 2 minutes.
- Add the soaked poha without water and add salt, turmeric powder and dhania leaves and mix well.
- Keep closed in a low flame till it gets cooked.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot.