We make different types of pakodas at home like onion pakoda, pattanam pakoda, palak pakoda and cabbage pakoda, cabbage pakoda is a simple and easy to make pakoda which is very awesome. The pakoda is crunchy and tasty. Cabbage pakoda is a good tea time snack.
|Cabbage||–||3 cups 9sliced thinly)|
|Cumin Seeds||–||1 tsp.|
|Green Chilly||–||1 (chopped finely)|
|Carom Seeds / Omam||–||¼ tsp.|
|Red Chilli Powder||–||1 tsp.|
|Turmeric Powder||–||½ tsp.|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||–||1 tbsp.|
|Gram Flour||–||2 cups|
|Rice Flour||–||4 tbsp.|
|Salt||–||1 tsp. or as needed|
- In a bowl take cabbage slices, green chilies, cumin seed, carom seeds, salt, ginger garlic paste, chili powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Now add the gram flour and rice flour and mix well. No need to add water. Keep for half an hour.
- The cabbage will release water and the mixture will be moist. Mix well.
- Now heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- When the oil is hot, add small pieces of cabbage mixture in oil and deep fry till golden brown.
- Remove from fire and drain in a colander.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or mint chutney.