Spring onions tastes well and also very healthy for our body. We can eat both the white bulb and the green leaf. Spring onions are an excellent source of vitamin C and calcium. They are also a good source of dietary fibre and vitamins A and B6, thiamine, folate and minerals (potassium, copper, chromium, manganese, iron). Spring onions are good for people with diabetes.
Usually we make paruppu usili using banana flower/ Vazhaipoo or beans. This is a paruppu usili in which I have used spring onions. This is a very simple recipe.
|Spring Onions||–||1 bunch|
|Gram Flour / Kadalaimaavu||–||3 tbsp.|
|Salt||–||1/2 tsp. or as needed|
|Red Chilli Powder||–||½ tsp.|
|Mustard Seeds||–||½ tsp.|
- Wash and clean spring onions and chop them.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add spring onions and cook well in low flame.
- When the spring onions are cooked add gram flour, salt and red chilli powder and mix well.
- Cook well till raw smell goes and the usili becomes dry.
- Serve hot with Vathal kuzhambu.