Sandwiches are preferred by kids and it is a good part snack. It is easy to prepare and assemble. I always make the sandwich using whole wheat bread, brown bread or multigrain bread as it is healthier. I have made this sandwich with simple Indian spices. We often wonder what to keep in kid’s lunchbox. Kids always do not eat what we keep in their lunch boxes. Try keeping this sandwich and you can see that the kids empty their boxes when they come home.
|Sweet Corn Kernels||–||½ cup|
|Salt||–||as needed or ½ tsp.|
|Red Chilly Powder||–||¼ tsp. or as needed|
|Cumin Powder||–||¼ tsp.|
|Turmeric Powder||–||¼ tsp.|
|Cheese Spread||–||as needed|
|Bread Slices||–||for making sandwich|
- Peel and cut potato into small cubes and cut onions into small pieces.
- In a pan heat a teaspoon of oil and add chopped onions and fry till the onions turns transparent.
- Now add cubed potatoes and corn kernels with a glass of water and boil.
- Add salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and cumin powder and mix well.
- Cook till the water dries up and the vegetables gets cooked.
- Switch off the stove and let it cool down.
- Take two bread slices and spread cheese on one side of the bread slice.
- Keep the cooked vegetables on top of it and add a few drops of tomato sauce.
- Now close with the other bread slice.
- Heat a pan and keep the stuffed bread slices and toast on both the sides. You can also use sandwich maker for making this sandwich.
- Cut the sandwich and serve hot.
- You can also keep this in kid’s lunchbox.