Methi paratha is a simple and healthy paratha made with methi leaves. We mix cleaned fenugreek leaves with wheat flour and some masalas and roll them into chapathis and make parathas. Methi has lots of health benefits. It helps in controlling blood sugar levels by regulating the absorbtion of sugar in the body. Methi leaves also helps in reducing bad cholesterol and it also improves bowel movement and aids weight loss. So fenugreek leaves is always present in the kitchen.
|Wheat Flour||–||2 cups|
|Methi / Fenugreek Leaves||–||1 cup (tightly packed)|
|Turmeric Powder||–||½ tsp.|
|Red Chilli Powder||–||½ tsp.|
|Carom Seeds / Omam||–||½ tsp.|
|Cumin Powder||–||½ tsp.|
|Salt||–||1 tsp. or as needed|
|Water||–||for mixing the dough (approximately 1 cup)|
|Oil or Ghee||–||for cooking the parathas|
- Wash and clean the methi leaves and take in a large mixing bowl.
- Take wheat flour, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, carom seeds, cumin powder and salt and mix well.
- Now add 2 teaspoons of oil and mix well.
- Add water slowly and mix well till you get a soft dough.
- Close the vessel with a lid and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Now take the dough and once more mix well.
- Take a medium sized ball and dust it with wheat flour and roll into round parathas.
- Like this roll all the parathas.
- Heat a tawa and add the rolled paratha.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of oil and cook.
- Flip when one side is cooked well and cook the other side also by adding 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Remove from the tawa and serve with a side dish of your choice.