Paneer Do Pyaza is a mughalai dish in which lot of onions are used. The meaning of Do Pyaza is double the onions or the onions are used twice at two different stages of cooking. This is a rich and tasty paneer dish which can be had with rotis and rice.
|Cumin seeds||–||½ tsp.|
|Onion||–||1 cup (finely chopped)|
|Ginger||–||1 inch piece (finely grated)|
|Garlic||–||5 or 6 (finely chopped)|
|Green Chillies||–||2 (finely chopped)|
|Dhaniya Powder||–||1 tsp.|
|Turmeric Powder||–||¼ tsp.|
|Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder||–||1 tsp.|
|Tomatoes||–||1 (finely chopped)|
|Onion||–||½ (cut into quarter)|
|Kasuri Methi||–||1 tsp.|
|Garam Masala||–||½ tbsp.|
|Coriander Leaves||–||a handful|
- Heat a pressure cooker and add ghee.
- When the ghee gets heated add cumin seeds, bay leaf and green cardamom and sauté till you get a nice aroma.
- You can now add finely chopped onion and fry till the onions becomes transparent.
- Add the ginger and garlic and fry till raw smell of the garlic goes off.
- Add finely chopped green chillies and sauté for a minute.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chilli powder and sauté for a minute.
- Now you can add finely chopped tomatoes, salt and red chillies and cook till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add the onions which are cut into quarter and water and mix well.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- After removing the whistle check if the gravy is thick. Otherwise cook till it becomes thick.
- Add garam masala and crushed kasuri methi and mix well.
- Add paneer and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.