Pattanam pakoda is an instant pakoda which we can make very easily. It is crispy outside and soft inside. For making the pakoda we usuall use gram flour. But in this pakoda we use fried gram or pottukadalai and rice flour mixed with chopped green chillies, onions and curry leaves. It can be given as tea time snack.
Let us go the recipe.
|Fried Gram / Roasted Gram / Pottukadalai||–||1 cup|
|Rice Flour||–||½ cup|
|Green Chillies||–||2 (chopped finely)|
|Grated Ginger||–||1 inch piece|
|Onion||–||1 (chopped finely)|
|Salt||–||as needed or 1 tsp.|
|Curry Leaves||–||few (chopped finely)|
|Oil||–||for deep frying the pakodas|
- Take a mixie and grind the fried gram to a fine powder.
- In a vessel take chopped green chillies, onions, ginger, salt, curry leaves, rice flour and the ground fried gam and mix well.
- Add water little by little to make stiff and soft dough.
- Make lemon sized balls and keep.
- In a pan heat oil for deep frying.
- Fry few pakodas at a time to golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with chutney of your choice.