Do you have lots of cucumber at home? Are you bored of making same old recipes with cucumber? Have you heard of cucumber dosa? Cucumber dosa is North Karnataka recipe. Traditionally, cucumber dosa is made by soaking rice and then grinding with cucumber. There is no need of fermenting to make this dosa. You can also give this dosa to kids who does not eat cucumber.
|Dosa Rice||–||1 cup (heaped)|
|Grated Coconut||–||½ cup|
|Coriander Leaves||–||a handful|
|Cumin Seeds||–||½ tsp.|
|Salt||–||1 tsp. or as needed|
|Oil||–||for making dosa|
- Take rice in a vessel and wash and clean the rice and soak in enough water for 3 hours.
- Take cucumber and peel them and chop them into 1inch pieces.
- In a mixer, take cucumber, grated coconut, green chillies, coriander leaves, salt and cumin seeds into a fine paste.
- Now add the soaked rice and grind again nicely by adding little water.
- Pour the batter into a large vessel and add water generously. The dosa batter should be watery like that for rava dosa.
- Take a dosa tawa and heat the tawa.
- When the tawa gets heated, add a teaspoon of oil in the pan and spread well.
- Take a ladle full of batter and pour from outside to inside like we make rava dosa.
- Add a teaspoon of oil in the dosa.
- Cook both the sides well and serve hot with chutney of your choice.