Potato masala pooris are easy to make and is a good option for breakfast and dinner. We use mashed potato mixed with wheat flour, carom seeds, salt, coriander leaves and some more spices. It is a wonderful party dish. Everyone will like having Aloo poori and you will surely get praises.
Let us see the recipe now.
|Salt||–||½ tsp. or as needed|
|Carom Seeds or Ajwain||–||¼ sp.|
|Turmeric Powder||–||¼ tsp.|
|Chilli Powder||–||¼ tsp.|
|Dhania / Coriander Powder||–||1 tsp.|
|Coriander Leaves||–||a handful (finely chopped)|
|Oil||–||for deep frying the pooris|
- Mash the boiled potatoes well or grate the potatoes.
- Take two cups of wheat flour in a big mouthed vessel.
- Add the mashed potatoes, carom seeds, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, dhania powder and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil to the flour and add water little by little and knead the flour well. The flour should be firm after kneading. You can grase your hand with oil while kneading.
- Keep closed with a lid for half an hour.
- Now you can dive the dough into small equal sized balls.
- Roll them into small pooris.
- Heat oil in a pan and when the oil becomes hot, slide one poori at a time and fry on both sides.
- Drain in a colander or tissue paper.
- Serve hot with pickles or tomato sauce.