Mushroom is rich in protein and fibre. Button mushrooms are rich in vitamin D and is one of the non-animal sources of vitamin D. Mushrooms are also low in calories and good for people with diabetes and those who want to reduce weight.
This is a simple and easy to make mushroom biriyani. We can also keep in kids lunch box.
As many of my viewers asked me to post mushroom biriyani in my blog. Yesterday I made mushroom biriyani at home and thought of posting the recipe and so I clicked some pictures.
|Basmati Rice||–||1 cup|
|Button Mushroom||–||200 g. (clean and cut into 4)|
|Carrot||–||1 (cut into small pieces)|
|Onion||–||1 (cut into small pieces)|
|Tomato||–||1 (cut into small pieces)|
|Oil or Ghee||–||1 tbsp.|
|Cinnamon Stick||–||1 inch piece|
|Coriander Leaves||–||a handful|
|Red Chilly powder||–||½ tsp.|
|Turmeric Powder||–||¼ tsp.|
|Salt||–||1 tsp. or as needed|
- Soak basmati rice in water for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a cooker and add bay leaves, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon stick and sauté for a minute.
- Add the cut green chillies and chopped onion and fry till the onions turn transparent.
- Now add the chopped tomato nd fry till the tomato turns soft and mushy.
- Now add carrots and fry for a minute. If you want you can also add peas.
- We can now add the chopped mushroom and fry for 2 minutes.
- Now add the basmati rice without water and fry for a minute.
- Add 2 cups of water, salt, chilly powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- When it boils, close the lid and cook till you get one whistle.
- Keep in simmer and cook till you get one more whistle.
- Switch off the stove and when cooled remove the lid and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with raita of your choice.