This is a simple and healthy upma. We make vegetable upma with roasted rava and vegetables like carrots, beans, peas, etc. this is no onion recipe and is a wonderful choice for breakfast. Vegetable upma with hot steaming filter coffee is a good way to start the day.
|Upma Rava||–||1 cup|
|Vegetables like carrot, beans, peas||–||each ¼ cup (cut carrots and beans into small pieces)|
|Salt||–||as needed or 1 tsp.|
|Green chillies||–||2 chopped finely|
|Mustard Seeds||–||1 tsp.|
|Coriander Leaves||–||a handful chopped finely|
- Roast rava in a pan with a teaspoon of oil till golden brown and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a bread pan and add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add green chillies and fry for a minute.
- Now add the chopped vegetables and fry for 2 minutes.
- We can now add water, salt and coriander leaves and boil.
- When the water boils take rava and slowly add the rava in the boiling water by mixing with a ladle simultaneously so that no lumps are formed.
- Close the lid and cook in medium flame for 5 minutes or till the upma is cooked well.
- Your vegetable upma is ready to be served.