Kids love potatoes in any form. This is a simple and easy baby potato roast in which we use simple spices and roast them in low flame. We can keep this in the lunch box of the kids. Baby potato roast tastes well with sambar rice.
|Baby Potatoes||–||¼ Kg.|
|Salt||–||½ tsp. or as needed|
|Chilli Powder||–||½ tsp. or as needed|
|Turmeric Powder||–||¼ tsp.|
|Cumin Powder||–||½ tsp.|
|Mustard Seeds||–||1 tsp.|
- Pressure cook baby potatoes in enough water and when cooled peel the skin and keep aside.
- Now mix all the powders – salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and cumin powder with the baby potatoes and keep for 3o minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds splutters, add the baby potato mixture and cook in low flame till the baby potatoes turn golden brown and crispy. Keep mixing once in five minutes.
- Serve hot with Sambar or Rasam Rice.