Mawa burfi is a simple and easy to make Indian dessert. As yesterday was Varlakshmi Puja, I prepared burfi using khova. We can make burfi for any occasion like Diwali, New year, etc. For making mawa burfi we use khova which is dried and evaporated milk.
In this recipe we just cook khova with sugar to make burfi. Let us see how to make mawa burfi here.
|Unsweetened Khova||–||250 g.|
|Sugar||–||5 tbsp. or as needed|
|Cardamom Powder||–||¼ tsp.|
|Saffron||–||a pinch (optional)|
|Ghee||–||for greasing the tray|
- Crumble the unsweetened khova first.
- Take a teaspoon of milk and add a pinch of saffron and dissolve it.
- In a thick bottomed pan, add the crumbled khova and cook in low flame for 3 minutes mixing regularly.
- Now you can add sugar and mix well. The sugar will start to melt.
- When the mixture becomes thick and starts to leave the pan add chopped pistachios and almonds along with cardamom powder and saffron milk and mix well.
- In the meantime grease a plate with ghee and pour the cooked mixture in the plate and level them.
- When the burfi cools down, cut the burfi into squares.
- Store in airtight containers. This burfi stays well for 4 to 5 days.