Adai is a healthy dosa made with mixed lentils and rice. I usually try to make different types of adai. This adai is made with five dhals and brown rice and boiled rice. This is a fiber rich breakfast which is very good for people with diabetes.
We have to soak the lentils and rice together for 3 to 4 hours and then grind to a coarse batter in a grinder by adding red chilies. Then we can make dosas and serve hot with tomato chutney or onion chutney.
|Toor Dhal||–||¼ cup|
|Black Ured Dhal||–||¼ cup|
|Whole Masoor Dhal||–||¼ cup|
|Moong Dhal||–||¼ cup|
|Channa Dhal||–||¼ cup|
|Brown Rice||–||1 cup|
|Idly Rice or Par Boiled Rice||–||1 cup|
|Red Chillies||–||5 or 6|
|Oil||–||For making dosa|
- Soak toor dhal, black ured dhal, whole masoor dhal, channa dhal, moong dhal, red chillies and both the rice together in enough water for 4 hours.
- Grind them in a grinder to a coarse batter.
- At the end add salt and mix well.
- Heat a dosa pan and take 1 ladle full of batter and spread a circular dosa.
- Put two teaspoons of oil around the dosa and in the centre.
- When the dosa is cooked on one side carefully turn the dosa to the other side and cook.
- Serve hot with chutney of your choice.