Onion pakoda is a very good snack option in a rainy day. Whenever a guest visits our home we might be thinking what to make. Making onion pakoda is a wonderful option. It is very simple and easy to make. It is aa good tea time snack.
As it has started to rain, I thought of posting onion pakoda recipe today. Anybody can make this simple pakoda at home.
|Onions||–||3 medium sized|
|Gram flour||–||½ cup|
|Rice flour||–||¼ cup|
|Curry Leaves||–||a handful (finely chopped)|
|Grated Ginger||–||1 tsp.|
|Red Chilli Powder||–||½ tsp.|
|Oil||–||for deep frying|
- Slice the onions lengthwise and add the gram flour, rice flour, grated ginger, curry leaves, chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Now you can see that some water would have oozed out of onion. Now you can sprinkle little water and mix well. do not add more water. The batter should not become too watery. If it becomes watery, the pakodas will not be crisp enough.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying and when the oil is hot, take a small portion of the onion mixture and gently drop in the oil and deep fry the pakodas till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Remove from the fire and strain the pakodas in a strainer. Fry pakodas in batches. Do not over crowd the oil.
- Serve onion pakodas with a cup of coffee or tea.
Here are some more pakoda recipes