We often make sevai or idiyappam using raw rice. But this is a healthy sevai which we can prepare from wheat flour. Idiyappam or sevai makes a wonderful breakfast option. It is very healthy as it is a steamed food. It is easily digestible and good for diabetic people.
This is little time consuming. But it is worth a try. This sevai tastes well and is healthy too.
|Wheat Flour||–||1 cup|
|Water||–||1 ¼ cups|
|Grated Coconut||–||½ cup|
- Heat a pan and dry roast wheat flour for 5 minutes in simmer. Take care not to brown the flour. Fry continuously.
- Now add the salt and fry for 1 more minute and switch off the stove.
- In the meantime, boil water in another stove with a tsp. of oil.
- Slowly mix this water with the roasted flour little by little. Mix well till it becomes a ball. The mixed flour should be little sticky.
- Now grease idly plates and take the flour and use idiyappam or sevai acchu / plate and slowly press sevai in the idly plates.
- Steam the wheat idiyappam for five minutes and remove form the stove. Add little grated coconut and serve.
- For making sevai, sprinkle oil and split the idyappam and make coconut sevai or lemon sevai or any other sevai of your choice.