Everyone likes paneer dishes especially children. Shahi Paneer is a special dish which you can prepare in a simple way. Shahi means Royal. As the name suggests this is a royal dish which is very rich with cashews and fresh cream. You can prepare this for any special occasion.
If you want you can also add tofu in this recipe instead of paneer.
|Paneer Cubes||–||200 g.|
|Fresh Curd||–||½ cup (whisked nicely)|
|Water||–||1 ½ cup|
|Red Chilli Powder||–||½ tsp.|
|Turmeric Powder||–||¼ tsp.|
|Dhania / Coriander Powder||–||1 tsp.|
|Garam Masala Powder||–||½ tsp.|
|Cumin Seeds||–||½ tsp.|
|Cardamom Powder||–||¼ tsp.|
|Crushed Saffron||–||a pinch|
|Fresh Cream||–||2 tbsp.|
|Oil or Ghee||–||2 tbsp.|
|Coriander Leaves||–||a handful (cut finely)|
For Making Paste:
|Onion||–||1 Medium (chopped)|
|Cashew Nuts||–||2 tbsp.|
|Garlic||–||3 or 4|
- In a pan, take water and boil onion, garlic, ginger, almonds and cashew nuts for 5 minutes till onions become soft.
- Strain the water and keep aside and let it cool down.
- Grind to a smooth paste by adding little strained water.
- In a pan heat oil or ghee and add cumin seeds.
- When it splutters add the ground paste and keep in simmer and sauté till oil starts leaving the sides.
- Add the chilli powder, dhania powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder and mix well till raw smell goes.
- Add the cardamom powder and crushed saffron and mix well.
- Add the fresh cream and mix well.
- Now add the paneer cubes and keep in simmer for 2 minutes so that the paneer gets cooked.
- Switch off the stove and garnish with cut coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rotis, nans, phulkas or jeera rice.