One of the popular snacks of Karnataka is Mysore Bonda. It is crispy in the outside and soft in the inside. Mysore bonda is made using ured dhal, pepper, coconut and some more ingredients which makes this very tasty. This should be served hot otherwise it will be soft. It can be had with breakfast or even had with tea.
|Ured Dhal||–||1 cup|
|Rice Flour||–||2 tbsp.|
|Whole Black Pepper||–||1 tsp.|
|Curry Leaves||–||a handful|
|Salt||–||1 tsp. or as needed|
|Coriander Leaves||–||a handful|
|Oil||–||For deep frying|
- Wash and soak ured dhal for 1 hour.
- Drain the water fully and grind to a smooth batter by adding very little water and green chillies.
- Take the batter in a wide bowl and add the remaining ingredients (rice flour, black pepper, chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves, asafoetida and salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and take small amount of batter and make into a ball shape and slowly add in the oil and deep fry the bonda till it changes to golden brown in colour.
- Remove from oil and drain the bondas.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.