Vallarai Keerai is one of the most beneficial medicinal plants. It has lots of health benefits. If we eat this keerai regularly, it will increase memory power and when we cook this we should not add tamarind. If we add tamarind it will nullify the benefits of this keerai. It is also known as Sarawathi Keerai. Those who are pregnant should not use this keerai. This keerai reduces body heat and helps in growth of hair and it reduces hair fall. I have prepared hair oil using this keerai. I learnt making this from my sister who is a Siddha Doctor.
|Coconut oil||–||½ litre|
|Vallarai Keerai||–||25 grams|
- Wash the keerai well and grind with water nicely.
- Filter the water and add in a pan.
- Add the coconut oil also and heat the pan.
- Boil the oil mixture till the water evaporates completely and the oil becomes little grainy.
- Switch off the stove and when cooled, filter and store in a container and use.