Garlic is a popular ingredient in cooking due to its strong flavor and its health benefits. Most of the health effects are caused by one of the sulfur compounds formed when a garlic clove is chopped, crushed or chewed. The compound which gives this distinct garlic smell is called Allicin. Garlic is very nutritious but it has less calories. Taking garlic regularly helps to reduce high blood pressure. Garlic also helps to regulate blood sugar levels.
Let us go to the garlic pickle recipe which can be made very easily.
|Garlic||–||1 cup peeled|
|Tamarind||–||small lemon sized|
|Salt||–||as needed or 1 tsp.|
|Chilli powder||–||1 tsp. or as needed|
|Turmeric Powder||–||¼ tsp.|
|Gingelly Oil||–||a ladle|
|Mustard Seeds||–||1 tsp.|
- Soak tamarind in little hot water and take thick tamarind extract.
- In a pan heat a teaspoon of oil and add garlic and roast till golden brown and remove them to a plate and let it cool down.
- Now take half of the garlic and grind to a coarse paste.
- In the same pan heat oil and add mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- When it splutters add the tamarind extract and boil till it becomes thick and oil separates.
- Now you can add ground garlic paste and the garlic and stir well.
- Add chilli powder, salt and turmeric powder and mix well and cook in medium flame for 10 minutes mixing in between.
- Switch off the stove and let it cool down and store the pickle in airtight container.