Sindhi cuisine is very interesting. It has lots of flavours and different spices are added to it. This is a simple dish made out of channa dhal. the raw onions added gives a special taste to this dish. I regularly make this at home.
|Channa Dhal||–||1 cup|
|Turmeric Powder||–||¼ tsp.|
|Red Chilli Powder||–||½ tsp.|
|Garam Masala||–||¼ tsp.|
|Salt||–||1 tsp. or as needed|
|Amchur Powder or Dry Mango Powder||–||1 tsp.|
|Cumin Seeds||–||1 tsp.|
|Curry Leaves||–||a handful|
|Green Chillies||–||4 or 5 (slit lengthwise)|
|Onion||–||1 medium (chopped finely)|
|Coriander Leaves||–||!/2 cup chopped|
- Soak channa dhal in water for an hour and cook the dhal in a cooker with salt and turmeric powder.
- Now open the lid of the cooker and add red chilli powder, amchur powder and half of the garam masala powder. Mix well and cook in low flame till the dhal thickens and switch off the stove.
- In a small pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds till it changes its colour.
- Now add the green chillies, curry leaves and remaining garam masala powder and saute for a minute and add this to the dhal.
- Garnish with chopped onions and coriander leaves.
- Your Sindhi Dhal is ready to be served.
- We can have this with chapathi or roti.