Brinjal varuthu araicha kuzhambu is a kuzhambu in which we grind coconut with some other spices and make. This kuzhambu is very tasty as we fry the ingredients and grind. This is one of my special dish which I make often.
Let us see how to make this kuzhambu.
|Brinjal||–||3 (medium sized)|
|Small onions||–||10 to 15|
|Tamarind||–||Small lemon sized|
|Turmeric Powder||–||¼ tsp.|
|Chilli Powder||–||¼ tsp.|
|Dhania Powder||–||1 ½ tsp.|
|Grated Coconut||–||½ cup|
|Ured Dhal||–||2 tsp.|
|Poppy Seeds||–||1 tsp.|
|Mustard Seeds||–||1 tsp.|
|Curry Leaves||–||a handful|
- Soak tamarind in 1 cup of hot water and take tamarind juice after 10 minutes.
- Cut brinjal into small pieces.
- Fry all the ingredients given for grinding in little oil. And grind them in a mixer once it cools down into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds splutters, add the remaining ingredients for seasoning.
- Add small onions and brinjal and fry for a few minutes till onion turn transparent.
- Then add finely chopped tomatoes and fry for some more time.
- Now add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and needed salt.
- Add tamarind water and the ground paste and cook till the kuzhambu thickens.
- Serve hot with cooked rice.