Kanjeevaram Dosa is a very interesting recipe which I learnt from my friend. When we went to her house, she made this dosa and gave to us. All of us loved the dosa and immediately I asked her the recipe and tried making at home. It came out very well. Kanjeevaram dosa batter making is similar to that of Kanjeevaram Idli which I have already shared. But there are slight variations in this batter. The addition of ginger, pepper and curry leaves gives a wonderful taste to this dosa.
Thought of sharing the recipe today and here is the recipe.
|Par Boiled Rice or Idly Rice||–||1 cup|
|Raw Rice or Dosa Rice||–||1 cup|
|Ured dhal||–||½ cup|
|Fenugreek Seeds||–||1 tsp.|
|Salt||–||as needed or 1 tsp.|
|Oil or Ghee||–||to cook dosa|
|Cumin Seeds||–||1 tsp.|
|Black Pepper||–||1 tsp.|
|Ginger||–||1 inch piece (finely chopped)|
|Curry Leaves||–||a handful|
- Wash and soak both the rice, red dhal and fenugreek seeds I enough water for 4 hours.
- Grind the soaked rice and dhal to a fine batter in a grinder and at the end add salt and mix well.
- Keep the batter in a vessel and keep closed for about 10 to 12 hours to ferment.
- When the batter has fermented well, add the yogurt and mix well.
- Now take pepper and cumin seeds and roughly grind and mix well in the batter.
- In a pan, heat oil add chopped curry leaves, asafoetida and chopped ginger and saute for a minute and add this to the dosa batter and mix well.
- Heat a dosa pan and add a teaspoon of oil and spread it over the pan.
- Now take a ladle full of batter and spread like a circle in the pan and drizzle 2 teaspoons of oil over the dosa.
- When it is cooked, turn it over and cook in medium flame.
- Do not make the dosa too thin. Otherwise, the dosa will not come properly.
- Serve with Coconut Chutney or any other chutney of your choice.