We all know that millets are very good for our health. But some of us do not know how to cook millets and the ratio of water we need to cook millets. Today, I am sharing how to cook barnyard millet. You can use any millets in place of barnyard millet and cook.
Barnyard millet is a good source of highly digestible protein and has less calories as compared to all other cereals. It is also rich in dietary fiber and it preventing constipation, excess gas, bloating and cramping. It is also very good for people with diabetes as it has low Glycemic Index.
|Barnyard Millet||–||1 cup|
- Wash the millet and drain the millet using a sieve.
- Add two cups of water and soak for about 15 minutes.
- Now pressure cook the millets in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles and switch off the stove.
- Leave the cooker for about 10 minutes and remove the lid.
- Do not mix the millet immediately. Otherwise the millets will become mushy.
- Leave for five more minutes and transfer to a hot pack.
- If you want to make any other dish transfer the cooked millet to a plate and cool down.