Narthangai oorugai is one of my favourite oorugai which my mother makes at home. It has a very strong sour taste and the skin of the citron is thick green in colour. It removes impurities from the blood and cleanses the blood. It is also good for your stomach too as they help to heal your stomach ulcer. It also reduces body heat and energizes our body.
I am sharing the recipe of Narthangai Oorugai which I made today.
|Narthangai / Citron||–||½ Kg.|
|Rock Salt||–||¼ cup or as needed|
|Long Red Chilllies||–||20|
|Turmeric Powder||–||½ tsp.|
|Fenugreek Seeds||–||1 tsp.|
- Wash and clean the citron and wipe dry. There hould be no water in the narthangai.
- Cut them into medium sized pieces.
- Dry roast fenugreek seeds and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and add asafoetida and red chillies and keep aside.
- In a mixer, powder fenugreek seeds, red chillies, asafoetida and salt to a fine powder.
- Now, take this powder and mix well with the cut citron and mix well with a ladle and keep closed.
- Daily morning mix the pickle well and keep covered.
- After 10 days, you can use it.
- You can have narthangai oorugai with curd rice.