This is a dish of Andhra. When I went to a friend’s place, she prepared this in her home. It was very tasty and immediately I got the recipe and tried this at home. Everyone liked the dish very much and from then on it is a regular dish in our home. For making this dish you have to chose small tender brinjals.
|Small Brinjals / Eggplants||–||7 or 8|
|Red Chilli Powder||–||1 tsp.|
|Dhania Powder||–||1 tsp.|
|Grated Coconut||–||1 tbsp.|
|Ginger||–||1 inch piece|
|Garam Masala||–||½ tsp.|
|Salt||–||1 tsp. or as needed|
|Tamarind||–||Small lemon sized|
- In a mixer, take all the ingredients except brinjal and grind to a fine paste by adding little water.
- Clean and wash the brinjals and slit the bottom part into four. Do not remove the top stem.
- Slowly stuff the ground masala into the brinjals. There will be some masalas remaining.
- Take oil in a pan and slowly add the stuffed brinjal and fry in medium flame till the brinjals become soft.
- Now add the remaining masala and half cup of water and cook till oil oozes out and it thickens. Cook in a medium flame.
- Your spicy and tasty stuffed brinjal curry is ready.
My other Brinjal Recipes are: