This is a simple rasam prepared when you have stomach problems and this rasam soothes you. Making this is very simple and it helps in digestion easily as it is made using cumin seeds. My mother used to make pathiya rasam like this and I am sharing her recipe here.
|Toor Dhal||–||2 tbsps.|
|Tamarind||–||Small lemon sized|
|Turmeric Powder||–||¼ tsp.|
|Curry Leaves||–||A handful|
|Cumin seeds||–||1 tbsp.|
|Salt||–||1 tsp. or as needed|
|Mustard Seeds||–||1 tsp.|
- Soak tamarind in warm water and extract tamarind juice.
- In a pan, roast the toor dhal and cumin seeds and grind them in a mixer with curry leaves by adding little water to a fine paste.
- In a pan take the tamarind water and salt and boil.
- Now add the ground paste and one and a half cups of water and heat till it starts boiling and switch off the stove.
- In a small pan, heat the ghee and add mustard seeds. When it splutters add this to the cooked rasam.
- Serve this rasam with hot rice.